Things I am tired of hearing about Trichotillomania

Hey !

A few weeks ago I had discussed ways that a person can control their urges of pulling hair by doing other things. Living with Trichotillomania is horrible when people don't see it as a psychological disorder, and I hear the same things over and over again by anyone who finds out that I pull my hair out. Today I am going to tell you some of the things that I have had enough of hearing !


  1. "Why don't you just stop?"

It is extremely hard to explain to people that I CAN'T JUST STOP. Trich is a compulsive disorder and there is no medication to reduce the impulse of pulling hair.

It is worse when someone says "just stop," because I don't people realise how extremely hard it is to try to stop. If a person with Trichotillomania wants to stop then it frustrating for them when they pull hair since they feel like they can control themselves but also feel frustrated because they aren't pulling hair since pulling hair is a way of stress relief. 

People think that Trichotillomania is just a habit that we can kick but it takes an enormous amount of effort to even start to think of stopping since most of the time we don't even know that we are doing it.

  1. "Why do you do it?"

         This may be hard to believe but pulling hair is a way of stress relief for us who suffer from Trichotillomania. When we pull hair out it feels good. Many people start pulling hair for different reasons but whatever the reason is, pulling hair is a stress reliever.

  1. "Doesn't it hurt?"

Okay, I must admit that when you're pulling hair from an area for the first time then it hurts. However, if you always stick to pulling hair from one place only then you get used to it and *as mentioned above* IT FEELS GOOD. 

I was sure when starting this blog post that there were more things I have had enough of hearing but apparently these are the 3 that came to mind. If there are things that you , as a person with Trichotillomania, have had enough of hearing then don't forget to write them down in the comments below.


Until next time, lovelies.

~Aby


Follow me on Twitter : @Hashtagaby   Follow me on Instagram : aby1997.   Add me on Snapchat : aby1997. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 main ingredient Recipe : Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham

Unboxing : Owl Crate October 2018

Review : Inkbox Tattoo