Owl Crate Unboxing : June 2016

© 

Hey !

I have been lucky enough to have been gifted an OwlCrate by my boyfriend...because I was too cheap to get it myself. (Joking. Joking) I am going to consider it as an Anniversary present.  I have been wanting to get this Subscription Box but since it must be shipped from America, I didn't find that it was worth to get it since the shipping doubled the price of the box for me.


© 


© 



Let me tell you what OwlCrate is.....

"OwlCrate is a monthly book subscription box that sends newly published Young Adult novels and assorted bookish goodies to your door. Each month's OwlCrate is tailored to a fun theme (past themes include MAGIC, MYTHS & LEGENDS, and DIVERSITY) and will contain one new Young Adult novel, as well as 3-5 other bookish treats to help you get your nerd on."

© 
© 
This month's theme was ROYALTY, and let me tell you something : This crate was full of adorable goodness. The Crate comes with a cute pamphlet? (I don't know what to call it) where it gives you a description of what is inside in the box.



First up in the box we find a Vinyl Figure in a "Mystery Mini" box from Funko. Since this month was Royalty themed, the figures were of Characters from Disney Princesses.

 I found Jasmine in my "Mystery Mini" from the Classic animated movie Aladdin. Although she isn't my favourite princess, I'm still happy that I got her. I just wanted a Princess , any princess, and not one of the other Characters. I may have been Royalty bias in my choice.


© 
© 




© 
Next up we have......a bracelet from Rich Love Shoppe. It was inspired by the book Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. I haven't read the books but I imagine that what is on the bracelet is a Quote from Cinder. The bracelet is designed as if there is a gem on a plain bracelet, which I think is a beautiful design. Simple, yet effective.
© 

© 


I am so excited to finally own some of these : magnetic bookmarks. Not only are these magnetic bookmarks fitting with the theme BUT they are also Purple, which is my favourite colour so they're extra special to me. There are three bookmarks and they are designed to be a King and a Queen figure, and a Carriage figure because their majesties need a fitting vehicle. These magnetic bookmarks are the works of Craftedvan.
© 

Next is...*rummages through the box*...aha ! ...a beautiful print with a Quote  from the book Red Queen written by Victoria Aveyard. Although I haven't read the book I still love the quote chosen because it's got a really important message. (See photo below for Quote.) This design was created by Evie Bookish !

© 



© 
FINALLY WE HAVE THE BOOK ! (I wrote that in Shouty Capitals because it is the most exciting thing in the box for me.) The book is called My Lady Jane , which is written by Cynthia Hard , Brodi Ashton , and JodI Meadows. I have never read any books by these authors so I am excited to be exposed to new Authors. According to the little note ,that comes along with book written by the three authors, the story is to give a better ending to Jane Grey : who at the age of sixteen was crowned Queen of England for 9 days before being beheaded. They say "And we added some magic. And some jokes. And an arranged marriage to a boy who keeps turning into a horse."





© 

© 


© 
I don't know about any of you who have gotten the June OwlCrate but I am very happy with the box, it's merchandise, and the book. I can't wait to read the book ! Oh, I almost forgot THERE WAS ALSO A CROWN, it's a paper crown but STILL A CROWN. Oh, the crown was the cherry on the cake (is that how the saying goes?) I posted a selfie of me wearing the crown on Instagram so go check it out if you'd like?




© 
Anyways, I hope you loved this little review of what was in the June Box. If you are interested in the box, next month's theme is Good Vs Evil. It sounds exciting and I might get it. You will either get a Good Box or an Evil Box. According to OwlCrate there'll be things inspired by Harry Potter, Star Wars and Alice in Wonderland. If you get OwlCrate or have ever gotten an OwlCrate, let me know what is your favourite theme that has been done and what you would like to see.


Okay...so in the box there's a $10 discount on bookmarks from MyBookmark and I know that I'm not going to use it. I don't know when the code expires but if anyone wants it then please Contact me on any of my social media so I can send you code.



Add caption
Until next time, lovelies.

~Aby

Follow me on Twitter : @Hashtagaby   Follow me on Instagram : aby1997.   Add me on Snapchat : aby1997


Comments

  1. I've heard so many good things about Owl Crate and reading this made me want to invest even more! That little Jasmine is so adorable!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth getting it ! Even if you just get 1 box to try it out, it'll be worth it. If you've never tried it out and plan on getting it, make sure to find their First Box discount :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 main ingredient Recipe : Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham

Unboxing : Owl Crate October 2018

Review : Inkbox Tattoo