Lush review : 2017 Halloween Exclusives

Hello, welcome to another review that I am posting way too late; thus, it is not fulfilling its purpose on showing you wonderful products that you can buy :)


Why do I always get the bad bath bombs?

Ectoplasm jelly bath bomb is part of the Halloween range that Lush brought out this year. Unfortunately, I think these are not on sale anymore. However, I am still going to tell you a little bit about it.

First thing's first, I love the design of this bath bomb. The larger part of it is a lovely dark purple; however, it has cream round shapes. There is one round shape that is actually a ghost. I think that this makes the bath bomb fit the Halloween and spooky theme. Obviously, the name Ectoplasm also gives this bath bomb a fitting theme for Halloween.
The scent held by the Ectoplasm jelly bath bomb is a blend of Grapefruit Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, and Tangerine Oil. However, although you expect a very fruity, as soon as I smelled the aroma around me I was reminded of that sweet smell that you find in the sugar of Flying Saucers (sweets).


So far so good, right?

Time for things to go downhill.

As I popped Ectoplasm into the water, the cream parts and the green inside started to slowly dissolve. However, it then stopped to dissolve. The purple part got a jelly coating then remained that way. I thought this was due to the temperature of the water not being hot enough but it was scalding when I put my hand in the water. The water turned into a murky colour as the bath literally started to break apart - first, the jelly started kind of peeling off, and then it just broke apart. I was left with jelly bits floating around the water and it did not make the experience pleasant. This sucks because I was really looking forward to using jelly bath bombs.

I plan on getting another one as to have a second testing of it. I'm pretty sure mine was a bad bomb since I have seen so many positive reviews about Ectoplasm.






When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.
~Author unknown

Let me talk about the Bewitched Bubble Bar. This product was part of the Lush Halloween range this year (2017), and therefore, you probably can’t get it now. Bewitched is in the shape of a cat’s face, and it is black in colour. The cat’s eyes are yellow with a black line for pupils. In my opinion, this gives the Bewitched bubble bar a look that resembles stereotypical cats in Halloween movies. Shout out to Thackery Binx!
If you don’t know who that is then I suggest you go watch Hocus Pocus!!!
Bewitched contains a blend of bergamot oil and olibanum oil, which creates a strong, sweet scent. The air is filled with the scent of the bubble bar as it creates layers of bubbles in the tub. Since both of the oil are of a fruity nature, it is no surprise that the aroma created by this bubble bar is also fruity.
On the website, it says that it creates a blackberry scent, and multiple reviews say that it shares its scent with the Blackberry Bath bomb that has now been discontinued. Although I have never used blackberry bath bomb, I can say that this bubble bar, in fact, has a thick blackberry scent.
How does it have a blackberry scent when none of the ingredients are blackberry? I do not know. Chemistry is an amazing thing.
My most favourite thing about Bewitched, apart from its design, is the colour that it turns the water. You will be spellbound by the beautiful black water that it creates, especially when you notice silver lustre twinkling away beneath the surface. Another thing that I love about this bubble bar is that, despite being a slightly smaller than other bubble bars, you can still get at least 3 uses out of it.


I am extremely pleased with Bewitched bubble bar as it smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling soft! I do hope that it will come out as part of next year’s Halloween range!

Let me know if you have tried these products, and whether your Ectoplasm jelly bomb was a disaster like mine !

Until next time, lovelies.
~Aby


Follow me on Twitter : @Hashtagaby   Follow me on Instagram : aby1997.   Add me on Snapchat : aby1997.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 main ingredient Recipe : Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella wrapped in Parma ham

Unboxing : Owl Crate October 2018

Review : Inkbox Tattoo